Problems : start action status is always "failed to start" when check pr

From: kenichi.futatsumori
Subject: Problems : start action status is always "failed to start" when check process with matching
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 16:07:42 +0900

Hi,

I am trying to use monit for monitoring a process.
A process doesn't create pid file, so I would like to  use matching option.
(monit is version 5.2.4 on linux.)

check process aaa  with matching  "aaa"
   start = "/sbin/service aaa start"
   stop =  "/sbin/service aaa stop"

# monit   start  aaa

The process "aaa" is running  but  monit's service status is always "Execution
failed",
and I recieved a mail.   And "failed to start" was put syslog.

And "monit procmatch"  is  OK.

Why ?

# monit status
Process 'aaa'
  status                            Execution failed
  monitoring status                 monitored
  pid                               15376   <--- but process is running !
  parent pid                        1
  uptime                            1m
  children                          17
  memory kilobytes                  2232
  memory kilobytes total            68428
  memory percent                    0.1%
  memory percent total              3.2%
  cpu percent                       0.0%
  cpu percent total                 0.0%
  data collected                    Fri Mar  1 16:02:33 2011

Thanks.

 Kenichi in Japan.