Re: Monitoring smartd S.M.A.R.T. hard drive daemon

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monitoring smartd S.M.A.R.T. hard drive daemon
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 18:54:49 +0200

Hello,

you can use the process check to test the daemon, and file check to see whether it writes the expected string to the log for example something like this:

--8<--
set daemon 60 # monit cycle is set to 1 minute

check process smartd with pidfile /var/run/smartd.pid
   start program = ...
   stop program = ...

check file syslog with path /var/log/syslog
    if not match "smart" for 30 cycles then alert   # expect the string "smart" every 30 cycles => every 30 minutes
--8<--

Regards,
Martin