Re: enable ssl

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: enable ssl
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:22:47 +0100

Hi Nick,

monit does either http or https, not both at once. The "ssl enable" switches the HTTP interface into HTTPS.

Regards,
Martin

On Dec 22, 2011, at 11:20 AM, Nick Upson wrote:

Hi,

I want to run monit with https and http available at the same time, the manual seems to imply that this can be done by saying "can also start ... with ssl support"
but when I add this line to the config, http stops working.

a) can anyone confirm this is the case

b) is there a way round it

If you have compiled Monit with openssl, you can also start the httpd server with ssl support, using the following _expression_:

 set httpd port 2812
     ssl enable
     pemfile /etc/certs/monit.pem

Nick Upson