Re: problem with dead processes

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: problem with dead processes
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 22:56:19 +0200

Hello,

what process check type do you use? The pidfile based or pattern based? If pidfile, monit depends on the pidfile content => it is possible that the pidfile contains valid PID, which was assigned to different process after the original one died => monit thinks that the process is running (which in fact is true, as monit is set to watch the given PID and has no other information about how the process should look like). The solution could be to use the pattern based process check.

Regards,
Martin