Re: [monit 5.25.1] Question on quote escaping

From: viktor
Subject: Re: [monit 5.25.1] Question on quote escaping
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 20:41:09 +0000

Quoting Vladimir Scherbinin <address@hidden>:

Hi,

I have the following check to monitor if all ntp servers configured are
alive

*check program ntpq*
*  with path /bin/bash -c '/usr/bin/ntpq -4pn |tail -n +3 |awk '"'"'{ print
$3 }'"'"' |grep -q 16'*
*  if status = 0 then alert*

I'm using a shell quote escaping extensively to have ' and " in parallel.

I think if you use anything other than "Command Option1 Option2" you should write a shell/python script.