Re: [Monotone-devel] importing

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] importing
Date: 05 Sep 2003 19:26:44 -0600

graydon> $ monotone --branch=classpath commit

graydon> hm.. looking at this, yuck. it's counterintuitive, and
graydon> probably made worse by the use of environment variables in
graydon> the tutorial, making people think they can just do "add" and
graydon> "commit".

I looked at the code, and assumed that the default branch of "" was
useful.  A better error here would be good.  Maybe a default branch of
"head" or something?

graydon> (if you'd like to hack up support for that, the code to do that should
graydon>  be a copy+paste of the stuff which handles MT/work and MT/manifest,
graydon>  in commands.cc, plus some changes to argument processing in
graydon>  monotone.cc)

I did some work on this last night, actually.  I've got a patch
sitting around that does some of the work.  Can't work on it tonight
though -- maybe tomorrow.  I'd like to somehow solve the sharing
problem first...

Tom