Re: [Monotone-devel] Problems building monotone-0.5

From: graydon hoare
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Problems building monotone-0.5
Date: 28 Sep 2003 13:30:35 -0400

Jochen Schaeuble <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> whenever I try to build monotone I always get the following error:
>
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.    -DTEMP_STORE=1 -DNDEBUG
> -DBOOST_DISABLE_THREADS -Wall  -O0 -c -o sqlite/parse.o `test -f
> 'sqlite/parse.c' || echo './'`sqlite/parse.c
> parse.y:36: sqliteInt.h: No such file or directory
> parse.y:37: parse.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [sqlite/parse.o] Error 1
>
> Any hints what might been wrong? I use Debian woody with a backported
> version of the boost library.

well, either you deleted the file somehow (it's in the tarball) or
your gcc is misbehaving; the files are #included with "", so it should
pull them in from the sqlite directory. assuming the files exist. is
there a file sqlite/sqliteInt.h in your source tree?

hmm. woody uses gcc 2.95.x right? I haven't actually tried building it
on that compiler, there might have been some change to the way it
handles #includes.

-graydon