Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Problems compiling on Solaris 9 with GCC 3.3.2

From: Will
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Problems compiling on Solaris 9 with GCC 3.3.2
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 00:14:01 +0000

Aha, I hadn't realised it was Solaris-specific, thanks again; and no problems with speed.

One thing: After the first 'monotone commit', 'monotone heads' will reliably give:

monotone: fetching heads of branch 'test'
branch 'test' is empty

and 'checkout', etc using '--branch' will not work, though giving a manifest ID seems to. However, it seems to work after the 2nd commit. I've managed to get the latest depot packages, and will compare, as I imagine this is abnormal.

On 2003.12.17 22:08, Patrick Mauritz wrote:
On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 09:56:24PM +0000, Will wrote:
> Good news:  Monotone compiles on Solaris!!  At least with the
> snapshot you offered.

well, that was the idea (tastensuppe.de is solaris and monotone runs
fine there)

> Unfortunately, the --enable-static-boost argument didn't seem to
> work...  but I neglected to copy down the error, and it seemed to
work
> fine without it.
didn't try it yet - will do so

> Anyway, I'm working through trying it out, and so far initialising
and
> key generation works...
good indicator for whether you built with FPU support or not - if
things take
_ages_, you did not :)

patrick mauritz