[Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone and RCS import

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone and RCS import
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:28:14 -0500

Chris Fox wrote:

resolving name www.off.net
IP sync lookup returned status 60

this is an server failure error code returned from adns. for some reason it doesn't like your DNS setup.

this is actually a bit of a sticky point. I put in adns in order to avoid depending on glibc name config functions, which are not statically linkable. unfortunately it means that a name lookup which works for something like ping might -- depending on your name service config -- not work on monotone's fetch function. probably I ought to stop being cute and just accept what glibc has to offer, and remove adns. *sigh*.

meantime, the you can probably use netsync since it doesn't use adns. try this:

monotone pull --key="" off.net net.venge.monotone

that should anonymously pull the recent development head(s) using the new netsync protocol. I am seriously considering making it the only protocol in the near future, as the others seem to be more trouble than they are worth.

-graydon