Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone Head + Boost 1.31.0 Failure

From: Martin Waitz
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone Head + Boost 1.31.0 Failure
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:10:59 +0200

hi :)

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 01:31:17PM -0500, graydon hoare wrote:
> I've noticed this behavior too. I think it has to do with the mucking
> around I do with CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS near the beginning of configure.ac,
> but I can't figure out what exactly. if you configure without CFLAGS and
> CXXFLAGS set, it should work, but that's no help to you :(

i've got the same problem while trying to build a nice debian package

> I'll keep looking at it, it's probably something obvious.

when CXXFLAGS are specified, configure skips the AC_CHECK_HEADERS test
for -msse2.

i don't get it but without a AC_CHECK_HEADERS before AC_PROG_CXX it
does not work?!?
moving the unistd.h check up to the CXXFLAGS test, it works for me

but i don't really know why it failed...

--
CU,               / Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen, Germany
Martin Waitz    //  Department of Computer Science 12      _________