[Monotone-devel] Re: Pulled database is screwed up

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Pulled database is screwed up
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:32:26 -0400

Peter Simons wrote:

I have 'reindexed' the server- and the client-database
several times, but it doesn't help. Netsync doesn't seem to
notice that something is missing.

possible, yes. I've recently added some code to "delay" writes to the database (in memory) during a netsync, until prerequisites are satisfied. so manifests wait for their files, and manifest certs wait for their manifests. if a prerequisite is not satisfied when the connection shuts down, the data is discarded and a warning is printed.

if you build a copy of my development version and try again, do you see such warnings?

-graydon