[Monotone-devel] Re: Have fixed the problem

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Have fixed the problem
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:50:36 -0400

Florian Becker wrote:

i have fixed the problem for the "+" sign. This is of cause a boost problem.

Just add a "+" sign into Line 119 of boost_1_31_0/libs/filesystem/src/operations_posix_windows.cpp

And now, you can handle +.....very funny....

Maybe that helps someone. And hope boost will add this... :)

unfortunately that is not the "correct" fix from boost's perspective. boost is behaving "correctly" relative to its specification; monotone is using it wrong.

some background: boost::filesystem has the concept of a posix name and a native name. we are using native names wherever possible; posix names are so restrictive that you can't use a lot of common filenames with them. it seems that you have accidentally found a code path where a posix name is being used instead.

I think I have found the code path you hit, and I have committed a fix to my development version (I found another code path in the merger, actually); if you'd like to give it a try, I'd appreciate it.

(this will carry along some changes to netsync to try to address its performance "pause", hopefully those do not break anything)

-graydon