[Monotone-devel] Subdirectory support

From: Matt Johnston
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Subdirectory support
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 18:57:15 +0800

Hi all.

I've been playing wih Monotone over the past week, having previously used
CVS, and it looks quite promising. I've got a project which has a couple
of external packages I'm tracking, in subdirectories to my main source
tree. I've tried the approach suggested by "jplejacq" in
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2004-03/msg00007.html
(seperate branches, and propagating changes between branches), and that
works quite well.

The only problem is, to get a full "source tree" for my project, I need to
do a checkout for the main project, then a checkout for each of the
external packages. Has anyone found a good way to store project structure
where it contains multiple different branches? I think quite a few
projects could use a structure like this, so general support in Monotone
might be useful.

Cheers,
Matt