Re: [Monotone-devel] Hosting multiple projects

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Hosting multiple projects
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 16:15:15 -0600

Does that mean if I create "org.schottelius.clinux.installation" it will
get downloaded automaticly if I request "org.schottelius.clinux"?

As I understand it a collection is nothing more than a common prefix for potentially several branch names. So the collection org.schottelius.clinux includes any branch that starts with that as a prefix, i.e. the org.schottelius.clinux.installation would be included.

If you want a different, unrelated collection, calling it something like org.schottelius.foobar would not get it included in the org.schotteliuss.uclinux collection being served from your server.

In the case of monotone, the collection net.venge.monotone includes all the branches that start with that prefix (i18n, gui, win32, etc.)
Derek