Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone shortcomings against CVS (kind of TODO lis

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone shortcomings against CVS (kind of TODO list)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:40:39 +0200

graydon hoare schrieb:
Christof Petig wrote:

- send a mail to a list whenever a new manifest is pushed/commited to a database (kind of log from a (central) repository). It should contain the ChangeLog,author,date,branch certs of the new manifest. Perhaps using lua is a good idea to format the mail (cvs usually uses perl or bash scripts for this task)

oh, I added support for this in 0.12. the hook is called "note_commit", and is passed a version code and a dictionary of certs.

Do I understand correctly that this hook is not called when netsync inserts new manifests?

Are you comfortable with me implementing this feature (calling a different hook)?

Does anybody on this list have an example for email logging via note_commit? (Lua still feels alien to me)

   Christof