[Monotone-devel] Netsync questions

From: Mark White
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Netsync questions
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:16:22 +0100

A couple more beginner questions; I'm experimenting with
netsync and having a few issues.  First, I can't seem to
serve multiple branches.  I have a db containing
mjw.mt.test1 to .test3;  If I've understood correctly,

  % monotone --rcfile=... --db=server.db serve localhost mjw.mt
  monotone: including branch mjw.mt.test3

with an appropriate permissions file should allow access to
mjw.mt.*, but actually trying to access mjw.mt.test3 produces

  monotone: warning: not currently serving requested collection 'mjw.mt.test3'

on the server side.  Serving it explicitly (serve localhost
mjw.mt.test3) seems to work ok.  Reproducible on NetBSD,
where I've recently managed a build with a few patches [I'm
not claiming they didn't break it! :-)], and on Mac OS X.
Have other people seen this?

I'm also sometimes seeing this server-side at the end of a sync:

  monotone: fd 7 (peer 127.0.0.1:55826) read failed, disconnecting

The sync still generally works.  Is this the zero packet
length issue?  I have the patched (2d374-) netio.hh.

Again, apologies if I've missed it in the docs or ML archive.

Mark <><