[Monotone-devel] Re: Deleting branches (was: Synchronising changes in tw

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Deleting branches (was: Synchronising changes in two branches ...)
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:41:34 +0100

Peter Simons <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> So I was wondering: Is it very difficult to implement these things
> [deleting branches, etc.]? I honestly don't know, so I ask ... but
> if it is not, I would recommend doing it _soon_, because I think
> these options would really lift the usability of the tool to a new
> level.

I don't think it's technically hard.  There's a basic policy problem,
in that configuration management systems tend to be built to avoid
losing data.

However, I agree with you that something's needed.  Perhaps a lua hook
that's called when listing branches and similar operations, that can
hide some branches?  Probably augmented by a -all flag to "list
branches" so that you can see them when you really want to, or maybe
"list all branches" or something.