Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: compilation error

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: compilation error
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:30:27 +0100

"Badai Aqrandista" <address@hidden> writes:

> Oops, apparently yes... I checked it out from savannah's cvs... I
> think there should be warning in the website not to checkout from
> it...

> But that's because I couldn't pull from (as directed in
> self-hosting document in the website)... it always failed... I found
> a bug in BTS saying somethng about this I think...

Oh.  It should work using monotone-0.14 (a tarball for which you can
download from <>).

> Can I add monotone source code from the extracted tarball and then
> pull changes from How do I do that?

No, you can't really do that, or you don't want to.  You just need to
build a working monotone, and then pull everything from Graydon's
repository.  That's described in

That gives you a valid monotone database.  Right now it's not easily

bruce% ./monotone --db=../monotone.db --branch=net.venge.monotone heads
monotone: fetching heads of branch 'net.venge.monotone'
branch 'net.venge.monotone' is currently unmerged:
023b35cb5b7231ba2087bb0ebe987d2ed10b3ba4 address@hidden
2004-09-01T23:02:20cb9127ee6f67c27db3acca05f86cb33e7ffdad27 address@hidden

That's a little confusing for a beginner, I guess.  I certainly find
it confusing.  I can see ways of dealing with it: I could merge the
heads myself, for example.  I'm just not sure how that will confuse
things when it's merged in the original repository.