[Monotone-devel] changesets version fails to merge identical trees

From: Patrick Maheral
Subject: [Monotone-devel] changesets version fails to merge identical trees
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:16:28 -0400

Hello,

I'm anxiously awaiting changesets release and have been playing around
with it in preparation for that big event :).  In testing, I found that
merging identical (from the tree standpoint, not history) trees fails.
This might happen if for example, I make a patch file and send it to
someone else working on the same project and later try to merge.

I did the following:
- created a database and a branch with a two files (Makefile and
hello.c).
- checked it out into two separate directories (test1 and test2)
- modified the hello.c in each directory then commited so there was a
  fork (ie. 2 heads).
- modified the files in each directory such that they were identical and
  commited again.
- in one of the directories, merged the heads and received the following
  error message:

  monotone: finished concatenation
  monotone: concatenating change sets
  monotone: db.execute("ROLLBACK")
  monotone: discarding debug log
  monotone: fatal: std::exception: boost:: too_man_args: format-string referred
to less arguments than were passed

Sorry for the lack of additional output and debugging.  If I get a
chance tomorrow, I'll dig deeper.

Patrick
--
Senior Software Engineer    Tel: (613) 839-6161 or 1 (800) 895 1122
Applied AI Systems, Inc.    Fax: (613) 839-6616