Re: [Monotone-devel] debian package creation

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] debian package creation
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:27:09 -0600

Badai Aqrandista wrote:
Hi All,

I've been lurking in this list for months and now brave enough to make a small contribution. I tried to create a debian package by running 'debian/rules binary' but the checked-out version of monotone doesn't work out of the box. The attached patch adds execute attribute to 'debian/rules' and made small changes to few other files in 'debian' directory.

Oh ya, does anyone know how to automatically create a debian changelog from a project's changelog?

I'm open for feedback as this is my first patch ever to an open source software.

Anyway, I like monotone very much. Keep up the good work guys.

See the debian new maintainer's guide for info on packaging stuff. Also building packages is usually does with dpkg-buildpackage in the root dir of the source.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-land.com