Re: [Monotone-devel] Empty branches

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Empty branches
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:42:10 -0600

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 12:19:24AM -0600, Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:

When I have a working copy of one branch (com.matt-land.A) and after commiting that branch I make changes and then commit again except like this:

monotone --branch=com.matt-land.B commit 'new branch'

Monotone then begins to report branch A as empty. Is this some kind of bug? What I was trying to do is branch my code. I am using version 0.15.

It is a bug.  Monotone is just getting a little confused when trying
to calculate heads; your branch actually does still exist.  This was
fixed pretty soon after 0.15 was released, so any recent snapshot
should work fine (and will also have lots of other important
bug-fixes).  Or you can wait until 0.16 is released in the next week
or so.

Well praise be to God. :) This was a major show stopper for me. I can't tell you how worried I was. I was like man this monotone stuff is crap, what the heck did it just do.... But thanks.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-land.com