Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone and Win32

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone and Win32
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 12:15:45 +0100

travis ray wrote:

I'm evaluating monotone for personal use, and I have a few questions
concerning compilation on the Win32 platform (XP and possibly 98):
    1. What tools were used to create the Windows XP executable linked
on the homepage?

MinGW/MSYS

    2. Has anyone attempted to build monotone using MinGW/MSYS?

Yes - indeed, that's the only windows port that's been done to date afaik.

    3. Does anyone know of any reason why using MinGW/MSYS wouldn't be possible?

No-one does, since it already is.

    4. Would anyone be interested in a MinGW/MSYS build procedure
should I succeed?

Take a look at the mailing list archives - I last posted the build procedure on 15th October 2004. May not be completely up-to-date, but should be obvious if anything's missing.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.