Re: [Monotone-devel] package_full_revision.txt and derived files

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] package_full_revision.txt and derived files
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:07:10 -0800

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 08:01:13PM +0100, Patrick Mauritz wrote:
> the attached patch guards most (I think all) txt2c executions with a
> cmp(1) call to check if anything actually changed (similar to the
> procedure with config.h in the configure script).

Huh, does this work?

(I had the impression that if make had a dependency A -> B, and make
decided to rebuild B, then make would automatically also rebuild A.
But if make is smarter than that, that would be cool.)

> I'm not sure if that's actually valid, please review.

The code looks fine to me, I just don't know if it will help or not
offhand :-)

"But suppose I am not willing to claim that.  For in fact pianos
are heavy, and very few persons can carry a piano all by themselves."