Re: [Monotone-devel] package_full_revision.txt and derived files

From: Bernhard Reiter
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] package_full_revision.txt and derived files
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:51:03 +0100

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 09:38:50AM +0100, Jon Bright wrote:
> Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:
> >
> >the real answer is,
> >bundle scons with your app.

> Very few Windows users have Python.  For people with decent package
> management, getting scons (and its dependencies) is probably pretty easy.

I think getting scons for windows will be pretty easy.
Not having tried it I think you need to .exe downloaded and
run and if scons people wanted it would be one exe coming with
a bundled python intepretor.

> Unless it's really necessary, though, I think it's probably an
> unwise choice for Monotone, as it makes building of Montone more
> difficult on systems *without* good package management (like Windows).

I don't think it would make building harder on windows.

That said I would also like to have a scons based build system.
However I do not think I am eligible to vote. ;)

        Bernhard