Re: [Monotone-devel] Gentoo and 64 bits...

From: Nathan Myers
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Gentoo and 64 bits...
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:26:11 -0800

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 02:48:48PM -0600, Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:
> >I've run monotone on debian amd64 (unstable) fine, I don't
> >recall having to patch the source at all. (Will check when I
> >have a chance and let the list know if any patches were
> >required).
>
> Well debian's 64 bit environment is a pure 64 bit environment so you
> would not need that patch.  Debian's $i/lib is going to be the only
> one there.

As I understand it, Debian provides /lib, /lib32, and /lib64.  The last
is a link to the first, mainly for the benefit of programs built under
less-evolved environments that have 32-bit libraries in /lib and 64-bit
libraries only under /lib64.  It's a bit of a mess out there, really.

Nathan Myers
address@hidden