Re: [Monotone-devel] Branch names

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Branch names
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:53:24 -0600

Derek Scherger wrote:
Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:

Are branch names in the form of peeps.com/branch going to be supported in v0.17?

I think this type of branch name basically works now, I just created a test database and committed one revision in the branch foo.com/bar and it worked fine. I've also had a brief look at the netsync collections code and all it's really doing is looking for matching prefixes so I expect that serving the foo.com "collection" here would include the foo.com/bar branch. I haven't tested this though so I'm not completely certain that netsync will be happy.

Is there something in particular that *doesn't* work with this type of branch name at the moment? Or are you thinking more along the lines of netsync in terms of branch globs rather than collections?

As far as I know there hasn't been any work done on the branch globbing idea yet so don't expect to see that in 0.17 when it lands.

No idea what you mean by branch globbing. I was just wondering if using that style of branch name would cause any problems.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-land.com