Re: [Monotone-devel] Commit Hook

From: Jeremy Cowgar
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Commit Hook
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:04:32 -0500

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 20:54 -0700, Derek Scherger wrote:
> Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
> > Does a commit hook exist? Looking in the documentation I don't see what
>
> I don't think such a hook currently exists, but I'm not sure it makes
> much sense either. You might have a hook defined , but I may not, and if
> we sync you're going to get my changes without knowing whether I had
> such a hook in place. Distributed databases makes thing like this so
> much fun!

I would have thought hooks would have been shiped with other repo
information. For instance, on commit I would like to run unittests. If
these tests fail, abort the commit. I would like it to scan the changed
files to rebuild portions of documentation, etc...

> > I am looking for. For each commit, I would like the be able to allow or
> > disallow the commit to take place, much like the accept_change... hook.
>
> Do you mean the accept_testresult_change hook?

Yes, but obviously before commit instead of before update.

Jeremy