[Monotone-devel] Changing a cert

From: Jeremy Cowgar
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Changing a cert
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:48:12 -0500

Greetings,

I was excited to see the cert functions and put one to use today and was hoping
to use it quit a bit more, but it appears that my thoughts are wrong on how
certs work. I committed a change and the realized I forgot an important
changelog entry. No problem, I added it, then issued:

  monotone cert a87d changelog "... my new entry ..."

Now I have 2 changelog certs for the same revision :-( Can I remove certs?

This is also something I was planning on doing with the date cert. I converted a
repo from darcs the *hard* way (the only way I know). I checked out my darcs
repo step by step, and with each step I copied the changelog entry and
committed to monotone. In the end (only about 50 revisions) I had a functional
monotone repo with full history, except for the date cert. Looking at the logs
it seems that the development team got about 3 weeks worth of work done in
about 30 minutes :-) I was going to use the cert feature to update the date
cert to reflect the actual date the change took place, but now it seems as
though that's not possible?

I then went exporing in the sql database w/sqlite command util and was not able
to retrieve any schema information to determine what I was doing.

Anyway, any info would be greatly appriciated!

Jeremy Cowgar