Re: [Monotone-devel] Debian init scripts for monotone

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Debian init scripts for monotone
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:59:50 -0600

Jon Bright wrote:
Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:

Thati is a mistake, and you are correct. There should be a default hooks file somewhere. You wan't me to fix these or do you plan on it? Also where should a default hooks file go? In /root ? Some where in /etc ?

I'm guessing /etc/monotone/hooks.lua or /etc/monotone_hooks.lua would be most Debian-like (depending on something in /etc/defaults would be even more Debian-like, but we probably don't want to overdo it :-)

Ok, I am doing some more work on this. I now have a my scripts using these files by default:

/etc/monotone/hooks.lua
/var/log/monotone.log
/var/lib/monotone/default.db

Should that /var/lib/monotone/default.db become /var/lib/monotone.db? Do people generally use more than one db in this manner?

I have yet to add debconf configuration but as soon as I get some feed back on the location of the db I can post the modifications I have so far.
--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Digium