Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: History of a single file

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: History of a single file
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 03:12:38 -0700

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 11:53:02PM +0200, Henry Nestler wrote:
> Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 08:29:09PM +0200, Henry Nestler wrote:
> >
> >>can I get a history of a single file.
> >>As list of changes by date,
> >
> >"monotone log <filename>"
>
> Well. Yes, this I'm looking for! :-)
>
> Why not document this nice function in help and command reference? I
> found only "monotone log" or "monotone log /id/", with /id/ should be a
> revision. I never try to use a file instand a /id/.

Ah, oops, you're right, looks like it didn't get added to the
reference manual until after 0.17.  Rest assured, it is in trunk (and
even 0.17 seems to have it in the output of "log --help"?).

Glad that helped...

"But in Middle-earth, the distinct accusative case disappeared from
the speech of the Noldor (such things happen when you are busy
fighting Orcs, Balrogs, and Dragons)."