Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs sync status report

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs sync status report
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:36:00 +0200

Christof Petig schrieb:
> Module support is there (though commiting is untested (yet) with nested
> modules) and all my tests work fine.
>
> Syntax:
>
> monotone --branch /destination/ cvs_pull [/repository/ /module/]
>
> of course you need to specify repository (like cvs -d) and module the
> first time.

I should probably mention that --since 2005-04-01T00:00:00 greatly
reduces the stress for the server (the CVS protocol and file format is
not too well suited to retrieve the full history for a project) and also
speeds up future pull/pushes.

Also I failed to mention that cvs_push will try to commit your changes
to the monotone db into the cvs repository. [Edge specification while
crossing forks or loops is still on my todo]

Enjoy
   Christof