Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Hash collisions resiliency

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Hash collisions resiliency
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:04:51 -0700

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 01:15:10PM -0700, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> The entire netsync transport stream (after initial handshake) is
> cryptographically MAC'ed.

Oops.  I was remembering this from something I thought graydon
mentioned once; Matt points out that it is not true.  (We do, however,
compute and verify an adler32 checksum on every packet.)

Well, guess what just got added to the todo list :-)

Linguistics is arguably the most hotly contested property in the academic
realm. It is soaked with the blood of poets, theologians, philosophers,
philologists, psychologists, biologists and neurologists, along with
whatever blood can be got out of grammarians. - Russ Rymer