[Monotone-devel] Re: Multiple repositories in one server

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Multiple repositories in one server
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:20:52 +0100

"Daniel M. German" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> This is what intrigues me. How can I sync only one subdirectory and
> not the entire repository?  When I push, how can I make sure that
> only push the project that the recipient is aware for and not my
> entire repository?

By serving or pulling particular branches.  The current system for
doing that is due for revamping: at present if you pull
net.venge.monotone then you get all branches with that prefix.

However, with the right naming scheme you can probably work out
something that'll do what you want even with the current system.

[...]

>  Bruce> I'm not sure why you'd want a server that only listened on 127.0.0.1,
>  Bruce> but possibly that's just lack of imagination on my part?
>  Bruce>
>
> This way I can rely on ssh port forwarding to set up the connection
> without having to worry about anybody else getting connected to it.

OK, I hadn't thought of that.  It seems likely that listening on
127.0.0.1 would work, as someone suggested.  Or you could use iptables
or whatever.