Re: [Monotone-devel] newbie question - SHA1 vs serials

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] newbie question - SHA1 vs serials
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 03:56:09 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:59:32 -0700, "K. Richard
Pixley" <address@hidden> said:

rich> Jon Bright wrote:
rich>
rich> > Out of interest, is there another SCM system which does
rich> > achieve this, or is this more of a wishlist item?  If there
rich> > is, how do they do that?  (I'm presuming they're not just
rich> > replicating firewall functionality - if they were, there'd
rich> > seem little point.)
rich>
rich> Any of the systems which work through apache have all of
rich> apache's authentication facilities available.  For subversion,
rich> this seems to be one of the big reasons for using the (slower)
rich> apache based approach as it seems to be pretty much the only
rich> authentication subversion currently has.

Hmm, but the authentication done through the apache server is user
authentication, right?  How does that compare to the host
authentication you initiated this discussion with?

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/