Re: [Monotone-devel] bug after trying to drop a file

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] bug after trying to drop a file
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:04:39 -0700

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 12:32:58AM +0200, Beno?t Dejean wrote:
> hi, i was playing with monotone following the tutorial
>
> i tried to drop file a/b/c/d/e, which -- i guess -- would have also drop
> empty directories a/b/c/d
>
> here are the commands i tried :
>
> [00:26:22][pts/1][~/treshautdebit][#86][&0]
> address@hidden >>> monotone drop a
> monotone: adding a to working copy delete set
> monotone: warning: SORRY -- 'drop somedir' is not going to work.
> monotone: warning: Revert and try 'find somedir -type f | xargs monotone drop'
                     ^^^^^^
Err, yes, you need to revert now :-).  Guess that message could be
clearer... (we didn't disable directory deletion entirely, because we
wanted the test suite to keep testing it.  OTOH, it's looking
increasingly likely that the various annoying little directory bugs
will need to be handled on a branch in any case, so maybe we should
just disable it on mainline.)

"On arrival in my ward I was immediately served with lunch. `This is
what you ordered yesterday.' I pointed out that I had just arrived,
only to be told: `This is what your bed ordered.'"
  -- Letter to the Editor, The Times, September 2000

This email may be read aloud.