Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Too many heads?

From: Jeremy Cowgar
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Too many heads?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:58:19 -0400

> > If I'm working remote on my laptop, and the project is large, then I
> > may only be pushing my work, especially if the pull is lengthy
> > across my thin wire.  If everyone is only pushing his work, then no
> > one even sees that the central repository has multiple heads.

During sync (which may not happen right away as you have said), they
will get a message about multiple heads. Also, I have added two more
area's that "multiple head" messages will appear.

On update, if there are multiple heads, you will receive:

monotone: note: branch 'xyz' has multiple heads
monotone: note: perhaps consider 'monotone merge'

On commit, if you create a new head w/your commit, you will be told:

monotone: note: this revision creates divergence
monotone: note: you may (or may not) wish to run 'monotone merge'

Jeremy