Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.19 - how long should a fresh pull take?

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.19 - how long should a fresh pull take?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 09:21:44 +1200

At 2005-05-08T09:27:47-0700, Joe Wilson wrote:
> I just grabbed the pre-built version from
> http://www.venge.net/monotone/downloads/monotone-0.19-setup.exe

> real    33m30.175s
> user    0m0.030s
> sys     0m0.031s

> Which is considerably better than the 3.6 hours I experienced before.

That looks much saner.

> Might I ask what compiler version, boost version and configure options
> this version was built with?

Jon Bright would be the person to answer that, as he packages the Win32
releases of monotone.  The single biggest difference would be that it
was build using MingW rather than Cygwin.  It would've been GCC 3.3 and
Boost 1.31 most likely.

> The pre-built version had some progress indicators (> < r c) that the
> previous version I built myself did not have.  I guess someone must
> have added them recently?

Are you sure you were using 0.19?  That ticker output has been in
monotone since before 0.19.

Cheers,
-mjg
--