Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Server fails to start up because it messes with

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Server fails to start up because it messes with MT directory
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 20:29:53 -0600

Peter Simons wrote:
> Timothy Brownawell writes:
>
>  > It's trying to read MT/options.
>
> I would be nice if there were a flag to tell Monotone to
> _not_ read anything from the MT directory. Particularly,
> when starting the Netsync server.

--root='.' should do limit the search for MT to the current directory,
but that isn't quite what you want I guess.

Another alternative might be to adjust the non-working copy commands to
never look for MT. At the moment, they all go looking but continue on if
they don't find it. It might be a bit of a trick to do this timing-wise
though, iirc the search for MT is done before the details of the command
(i.e. whether it's a working dir command or not) have been determined.

Not sure?

Cheers,
Derek