Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone automate stdio

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone automate stdio
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 14:34:08 -0700

On 5/17/05, Joel Crisp <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yep, a number at the beginning of each line. It lets you detect the start of
> the next header, distinguish different types of output
> easily, handle optional or repeated blocks of output etc. It also allows you
> to detect badly or prematurely terminated blocks, since
> the start of the next command will cause a reset.

Hmm...

200 success
250 output
290 done (successful)

400 error/general
410 error/syntax
420 error/unknown command
450 error text
490 done (not successful)

> I think the change to the existing commands should be fairly minor, an extra
> %s at the start of the printf which is either "201 " or
> "" for each line.

After poking around a bit, it turns out to be even easier. Pass the
command a stringstream instead of the real output, and run
"prefix_lines_with" (transforms.hh) on it before printing.