Re: [Monotone-devel] .cvssync bug.

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] .cvssync bug.
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:00:11 +0200

Christof Petig schrieb:
> => /orgs/lp/free/cvs/X/ctwm/
> => M RCS file: /home/orgs/lp/free/cvs/X/ctwm/.cvsignore,v
>
> So how is this file to be called in client space?
>
> [ok, I can readd the feature of stripping arbitrary paths components off
> the RCS file, but I was glad to have found a way to ask the server for
> the server dir somewhat reliably (via co)]

If this would be the only reason to not using cvssync drop me a note and
I will implement a path 'stripping' algorithm. Perhaps asking the server
for the paths, storing them in monotone variables and letting the user
figure out/override if something is really strange is the correct way to go.

Remember that the server paths might be totally unrelated if modules
come into play :-( [there should at least be an unique path per module,
i don't know what to do if subdirectory symlinks play me tricks (see
above), well you can always throw in more substitution variables ...]
   Christof