Re: [Monotone-devel] cvssync branch feedback

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvssync branch feedback
Date: 26 May 2005 15:09:01 +0200

    Matt> I'll try to clear up some of my statements.

Thank you, appreciated!

    Matt> 1.  ... For the tailor.py build project I had a couple of
    Matt> extra empty directories and 1 missing file.  One thing I
    Matt> noticed about the empty directories is that in the final CVS
    Matt> checkout from tailor.py they all had completely blank
    Matt> CVS/Entries files.  My 30 second guess for the problem was
    Matt> that cvs update would not delete empty directories when the
    Matt> last file is deleted.  About the missing file, I have no
    Matt> idea why it would happen.

Yes, directories are tricky under CVS, all operations on them are
"implicit" and tailor tries to handle that, but clearly something went
wrong in your case.

    Matt> 3.  Lack of CVS module support.

Uhm, any chance of getting at least the CVS log of this repos, or a
chunk of it? I'd need "cvs rlog > file 2>&1", ie both stdout and
stderr, even just a few entry logs.

thanks again,
bye, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax   | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas   | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.