Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone.cvssync: Invariant failure

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone.cvssync: Invariant failure
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:06:46 +0200

Christof Petig schrieb:
>>Yes, exactly! But here the module is a file and not a directory, so that
>>mechanism fails.
>

> :-(
>
>>>I could not come up with a less error prone procedure to get a list of
>>>both active and dead files.
>>

>>I do not know anything better either and in fact the system works fine if
>>there are no "file-modules" to be fetched.
>

> Unless someone comes up with a really smart idea on how to detect this
> (does list-modules give any hint (--debug output)?) I do not see how to
> work around this problem (interesting to see how cvs manages this in its
> Entries file ...)

I checked and it looks like this problem is solvable (I do have to think
about the internal handling of modules though ...):

monotone: readline result 'Module-expansion src/sim'
monotone: readline result 'Module-expansion src/cpu'
monotone: readline result 'Module-expansion src/djunpack.bat'
monotone: readline result 'Module-expansion src/.cvsignore'

(so the server tells us that these files belong elsewhere)

monotone: readline result 'Remove-entry src/'
monotone: readline result '/cvs/src/src/djunpack.bat'

that sounds like a path information. So all we need is to parse this
information correctly ... (I saved the module structure of gdb for
future inspection)

   Christof