Re: [Monotone-devel] private key needed for sync?

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] private key needed for sync?
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 23:29:55 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:27:10 -0700, Eric Anderson
<address@hidden> said:

ea-9BKuEh7s7G> Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker writes:
ea-9BKuEh7s7G>  > I'd suggest  The + sign
ea-9BKuEh7s7G>  > doesn't conflict with anything that I know of.
ea-9BKuEh7s7G> Oddly when I tried things with /'s in the selectors it
ea-9BKuEh7s7G> seemed to work, but I only tried it once so it could
ea-9BKuEh7s7G> have been an accident.

Yup, usually it works fine.  By say you have a part of the branch that
looks like a mail address, like ''.  monotone will
probably interpret that as the combination of branch '' and
author 'address@hidden', and thereby completely miss the intended selector.

See for details.

                                                -- C.S. Lewis