[Monotone-devel] cvssync: citing a log entry in a commit message

From: Alvaro Herrera
Subject: [Monotone-devel] cvssync: citing a log entry in a commit message
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:38:19 -0400

Christof,

I'm playing with your cvssync branch right now, and I've hit a problem.
I'm trying to import the PostgreSQL repository using cvs_pull, and it
fails with

monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: cvs_client.cc:934: invariant
'I(begins_with(result,"revision ",len))' violated

I discovered the guilty file in the repository by using --debug and
investigating the CVS log of that file.  It has this:

----------------------------
revision 1.3
date: 2001-01-09 16:07:13 +0000;  author: momjian;  state: Exp;  lines: +16 -16
The KAME files md5.* and sha1.* have the following changelog
entry:

----------------------------
revision 1.2
date: 2000/12/04 01:20:38;  author: tgl;  state: Exp;  lines:
+18 -18
Eliminate some of the more blatant platform-dependencies ... it
builds here now, anyway ...
----------------------------

Which basically changes u_int*_t -> uint*_t, so now it does not
compile neither under Debian 2.2 nor under NetBSD 1.5 which
is platform independent<B8> all right.  Also it replaces $KAME$
with $Id$ which is Bad Thing. PostgreSQL Id should be added as a
separate line so the file history could be seen.

So here is patch:

* changes uint*_t -> uint*.  I guess that was the original
  intention
* adds uint64 type to include/c.h because its needed
  [somebody should check if I did it right]
* adds back KAME Id, because KAME is the master repository
* removes stupid c++ comments in pgcrypto.c
* removes <sys/types.h> from the code, its not needed

--
marko

Marko Kreen
----------------------------
revision 1.2
date: 2000-12-04 01:20:38 +0000;  author: tgl;  state: Exp;  lines: +18 -18
Eliminate some of the more blatant platform-dependencies ... it builds here
now, anyway ...
----------------------------

(There are earlier later revisions of course, which I omitted).  Note
that r1.3 cites the 1.2 log entry, with the dashes line included :-(
For now I just edited the ,v file to make that line not look like a
revision separator, but if you have a better suggestion, i.e. one that
can make the repository importable without having to edit it, please let
me know.

(I've been playing with a tree imported with the cvs_import feature of
mainline, but in order to make it importable I had to drop some things
from the repository; and I eventually discovered that it isn't very
acceptable that way.)

Thanks,

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"Lo esencial es invisible para los ojos" (A. de Saint Exúpery)