[BUG] monotone merge leads to irrecoverable db (was: [Monotone-devel] in

From: Rene Wagner
Subject: [BUG] monotone merge leads to irrecoverable db (was: [Monotone-devel] invariant violation)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:40:05 +0200

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 15:19, Rene Wagner wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure how to go about this, so I'll just paste the output
> of monotone for a start. Let me know what additional information is
> necessary to make sense of this.

Replying to myself here...

It seems I'm not the only one running into this bug. I did the same as
described in [1] before running into it.

I'd be happy to provide the monotone db in question as requested in
[2]. However, Justin has already provided a copy of a db exposing
the bug in [3].

I'd appreciate any type of feedback from a core developer as this
type of random breakage along with no reaction to bug reports certainly
doesn't speak for using monotone [4].

Note that in contrast to the statement in [4] this isn't restricted
to monotone 0.21. The first time I ran into it was with 0.20.

Thanks,

Rene

[1]
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2005-07/msg00129.html