Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: List revision IDs without a working copy?

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: List revision IDs without a working copy?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:11:01 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:58:11 -0700, "Steven E.
Harris" <address@hidden> said:

seh> Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> writes:
seh>
seh> > The little sed trickery is to make sure that address@hidden injects '-r
seh> > {revision}'. Doing something like '-r address@hidden' doesn't work.
seh>
seh> That's odd. I take it "address@hidden" is a special case for "-@ file" with
seh> the file being stdin. Does the option parser consume the "address@hidden"
seh> too early for the magic string to be expanded?

-r takes one mandatory argument.  Anything coming after -r is taken as
an argument, regardless of the way it looks.  That same goes for any
option that takes an argument.  I find that perfectly normal.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/