Re: [Monotone-devel] new maintainer for sqlite3 package in Debian

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] new maintainer for sqlite3 package in Debian
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:19:01 +1200

At 2005-07-28T21:47:24+0200, Tomas Fasth wrote:
> I have now been given the maintainership of the sqlite package in
> Debian. I already maintain the monotone package. My plan is to apply
> necessary patches from the monotone code base as well as pass them on
> to the upstream authors of sqlite. By doing this I will be able to use
> sqlite in monotone as a shared library in Debian. Please reply if you
> have any comment or advice.

As mentioned in the thread you started about linking monotone against
Debian's SQLite3, we are considering another solution to the problem
that our local SQLite3 patch solved, which may allow us to drop this
patch from our tree.

Until this has been explored, I don't think it makes sense to try
pushing the patch upstream, which is one of the reasons why it hasn't
been done.

Cheers,
-mjg
--