Re: [Monotone-devel] Keyword substitution?

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Keyword substitution?
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:47:22 -0700

On 8/3/05, Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 09:56 -0700, Justin Patrin wrote:
>
> > 2) You have different branches in each DB and are propagating between
> > them while not syncing all branches to all servers. In this case it
> > may be possible (I haven't tested this) to have a propagate from one
> > branch show up in one DB while not having the revision history.
>
> No. Every time a revision is received through netsync, it's parents are
> also received, unless you already have them. If they are not received,
> that revision is not added to your db and monotone prints a warning.
>
> Having a revision in your db and not having it's parents is an error
> condition. The same holds for their parents, etc., such that a database
> contains the *entire history* of any rev it has. Anything else is an
> error condition, and monotone will crash if it sees it.

However you can specify certain branches to serve (on the server side)
and certain branches to pull on the client side. If you set up 1 of 2
branches for serving but have propagated from one to the other will
the server still send the revisions from the "unserved" branch even
though it's explicitly denied?

--
Justin Patrin