[Monotone-devel] Re: [cbs-cs] Monotone bug in windows xp...

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: [cbs-cs] Monotone bug in windows xp...
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:54:01 -0500

"James Oliver Smith, Jr" <address@hidden>  wrote:
> In the process of issuing a checkout from a monotone repository on
> another server (Debian Linux) on my Windows XP system I recieved the
> following error, which occurs consistently, upon successive retries.
> The checkout seems to be working find until this error is encountered.
> All of the code checked out up to that point seems to be fine:
> ---------------
> C:\www\cgi-bin>monotone checkout -d c:/umn/bass/source.db --branch
> edu.umn.cbs.bass
> monotone: fatal: std::exception: boost::filesystem::create_directories:
> "cgi\class": path exists and is not a directory
> monotone: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
> monotone: please send this error message, the output of 'monotone
> --full-version',
> monotone: and a description of what you were doing to
> address@hidden
>
> monotone: discarding debug log (maybe you want --debug or --dump?)

Looks to be a case-insensitive filesystem problem again.  This isn't
really a "bug" in monotone per-se, though as Kyle pointed out earlier,
the error message could be more friendly.  Perhaps it's time to renew
these names (on atp or other case-sensitive filesystem) so that they
won't collide on case-insensitive filesystems in the future.
--
Chad C. Walstrom <address@hidden>                        247 Gortner Hall
http://www.umn.edu/~ccw                             Help: 612-625-9284