Re: [Monotone-devel] Merging outside monotone?

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Merging outside monotone?
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 20:28:28 -0500

Wim Oudshoorn wrote:
After using monotone for a while I am becoming of the opinion
that the current merging behaviour is not very user friendly.

The problems I have come down to three problems, in various
degrees of annoyances

1) The necessity of having a merge tool.

2) The fact that one mistake in merging can
   let you lose all merges upto that point.

3) The order of merging imposed by monotone.

I have always like the way monotone handles merging vs CVS. I always hated cvs just dumping unmerged files all over the place. Also I like the ability to use vimdiff to merge my files. I don't think this is a bad option to have as long as it does not interfere with the current behavior.
--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com